Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day 4: Saturday, January 17, 2009

Well, I took another day off, but as I mentioned at the end of day 3 - that I was going to start taking the time off between workouts, since doing two days in a row began being too much. I might, going forward, start walking on "off days", but as of now, I have not begun with such a strategy.

With that said, Day 4 was a fairly productive one. I again began in the same fashion (I believe I am going to continue in this fashion until after week 2 - at which time, I plan to up my MPH on both walking and running by .2 MPH) walking the first 2 minutes at 4 MPH, then run 1 minute at 5 MPH and repeat until I hit the 30 minute mark.

The first 9 minutes, I was cruising. I didn't feel any ill-effects from my previous runs (on Wednesday and Thursday) and I felt pretty good. Then I hit the middle times - and I began to ache, though, looking back, I believe that ache was only in my mind. I struggled through the "middle portion" - between minutes - roughly 11:00 (when I start a run) and about 24:00 (when a run comes to a close). Then after that, when I had "only 2 runs left" I felt good. I ran through the 27:00 minute mark and slowed back for my 2 minute walk. Then I decided (as I was walking) to again "run until I can't run anymore" for the last "minute" - and I proceeded to run 2 full minutes at 5 MPH! Yet another small victory. Yes, I was tired, but I was not overly breathing heavy, nor was my pulse racing - so I enjoyed those effects (or non-effects, if you will).

In total, I again walked 20 minutes for a total of 1.32 miles. But I upped my running time to 11 minutes with a total distance of .917 miles. With adding in my "cool down" period of a minute and a half - I ran/walked a total of 2.31 miles in 32 minutes.

I then did 30 push ups - but was too exhausted to do more than that.

Either way, day 4 is in the books - and I am feeling better, and losing weight, I can feel the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment