Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day 21: Saturday, February 14, 2009

Well, today, I woke up extremely early for a weekend. Since I had nothing really planned (and nothing was open yet anyway), I decided to try to workout (i.e. on the treadmill) for an hour. I almost made the full hour, but failed when I began to cramp.

I started out with 60 curls at 40 lbs. before hopping on the treadmill. Then I began on the treadmill in "traditional" fashion - that is to say 1:45 walking at 4 MPH followed by 1:15 running at 5 MPH. However, this did not last.

I made a mistake in setting up my play-list for my music (leaving a song off the list), and because of this, I promptly changed my timing structure, so as to help me not get bored while running.

The first 4 reps I completed in traditional fashion, but after that, that is where one of my songs was left off. With that being the case, the next time I ran, I went for 2:30 before walking for the normal time of 1:45, only to run again for 2:30 the next time I ran.

After that, I began to alternate every minute between running and walking. And on my final run (I did not plan this to be my final run) I began to cramp, and decided it was time to call it a day.

In total, I completed 22 minutes both walking at 4 MPH and running at 5 MPH. Walking, I completed 1.47 miles and running I completed 1.83 miles. With cool down, I totaled 46:00 with a total distance of 3.38. I surpassed the 3.1 mile mark (that of the 5k) at the 41:00 mark - which would be a horrible time. If I were trying to compete, this would have to be cut in half, at the very least.

Other than that, I also did 75 curls at 40 lbs. 15 push ups and 15 squats (non-weight aided).

No comments:

Post a Comment