Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 50: Friday, May 15, 2009

Today, it had been a few days since I did any weight training, so I decided it would be a good day to do some lifting. The problem was, the gym is fairly busy this night, so I was kind of stuck to do all three sets of my lifts on a particular machine all at one time. Doing the lifting in this fashion, I do not feel I had sufficient time between sets to rest my specific muscles, and I'm not sure if the results suffered because of this. I do know, I really had to strain at times to complete the sets at hand. With that said, I will list the workouts here, just so I can keep the record of my lifting and where I am at.

Bicep Curls - 25 lbs. each arm - free weights - 30 reps
Tricep Curls - 40 lbs. total - machine - 30 reps
Deltoid Laterals - 50 lbs. total - machine - 30 reps
Lat Pull downs - 80 lbs. total - machine - 30 reps
Butterfiles - 80 lbs. total - machine - 30 reps

Again, looking at the amount of weight and reps on paper, it doesn't seem like much, but when I am done with all my sets, my arms do feel like they want to fall off. I hope to be able to complete a few more cycles at these weights before I'll consider upping the weight again. Hopefully building muscles as I increase the intensity along the way. For now, for the upcoming week or two, this will be my workout when it comes to my lifting program. Hopefully, as I said, muscle mass will soon follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment