Friday, February 13, 2009

Day 20: Thursday, February 12, 2009

Well today, I kind of moved out of my normal routine. I did this, kind of based on necessity, kind of based on boredom. I was in a small time crunch yesterday, but at the same time, the same routine is getting, well, routine.

I began the workout with two sets of 30 reps each of curls at 40 lbs. (these would be the only curls I would do today). And then I got onto the treadmill.

I began in similar fashion onto the treadmill, and almost instantly realized I was pretty hungry. But I began with a 1:15 run at 5 MPH for each 1:45 walk at 4 MPH. I did this for a repetition of 6 reps (18:00). Then I decided to change things up. At 19:45 - I decided to run "2 reps worth of running at one time" - so I ran 2:30 - to the 22:15 mark. Then I walked until the 24:30 mark before running another 2:30. At the 27:00 mark, I walked for 1:30 before running one minute, returning my speed to 4 MPH for the final 30 seconds leading up to 30:00 and my cool down.

In total, given this bizarre pattern, I walked at 4 MPH for 16:15 for a distance of 1.08 miles, I ran at 5 MPH for 13:45 for a distance of 1.15 miles, and complete with cool down, I completed 31:00 minutes for a total of 2.25 miles. It was a slight decline from the previous night, but given that I ran 5 minutes of a 7:15 block, I felt really good - and scarcely did I notice any fatigue at all - which is, of course, excellent for my conditioning.

I did 60 curls of 40 lbs. and completed one set of 15 squats while holding the 40 lb. weight.

20 workouts in the books, and I feel like I am truly gaining stamina, and I can visibly see that I am losing weight - on Sunday, the scale will be the true measure of this fact. If anything however, I am losing fat, and if I am gaining muscle to take the place of the poundage lost in fat, we'll, I will be happy with that too. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment