Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 52: Sunday, May 17, 2009

Another day, another day on the treadmill. I had had visions of performing two workouts on this day, one involving weights, and another involving the treadmill, however, my morning workout, the one meant for the weights just never happened, so I settled for one workout for the day, running next to my wife on the treadmill.

We decided to work together again here. We started with a warm up of one minute at about 3.5 MPH, upping it to 4 MPH until we hit a quarter of a mile. From there, we were going to run the next 2 miles at 5.2 MPH, of which we both succeeded upon.

The 2 miles took us just over 23 minutes to complete, and it was rough! For a moment, at the 1.5 mile marker, I thought about slowing my pace, but knowing that she was still running next to me, I pushed through. However, the thought remained in my mind that I should just stop, but I did not.

The problem I had was my breathing. The day before, I was able to take deep breaths that sufficed my needs whenever my breathing became too shallow, however, on Sunday, this was not to be the case. I couldn't catch a good breath to save my life, but I had to run with my wife.

Finally, we hit the 2.25 mile mark and we both slowed our pace to 4 MPH. I look over at her, and she seems just as worn and just as out of breath as I am. And at that moment, we decide to only walk the next few minutes until the 30 minute mark and call it a day - no sense in killing ourselves all in one workout. Sure, we had planned to run further, to do lesser intervals after the initial 2 miles, however, that just was not to be for either of us on this night. (in fairness to my wife, she was also sick, picking up what I had the previous week)

With all said and done, we completed about 2.40 miles in the 30 minutes, and as I said, we ran 2 miles straight in about 23 minutes at 5.2 MPH. It was a good workout, but very tiring to both of us. We'll try it again another night, and hopefully, we can build on this small success.

No comments:

Post a Comment