Friday, February 27, 2009

Day 29: Thursday, February 26, 2009

I took Tuesday and Wednesday off. I hadn't exactly planned for either, but sometimes, circumstances dictate our lives and nothing can be done about it. Thursday, I got back on the horse.

Today's workout was pretty typical. Beginning with the same intervals from early this week and last week of 1:30 at 4 MPH for every 1:30 at 5 MPH and repeating until 30 minutes have elapsed.

My breathing was fine. My form is getting better. I'm improving myself still, even if I did take the two days off - progress is all that is important though, not dwelling on the failures of any one particular day.

I completed 15:30 walking at 4 MPH - the additional 30 seconds due to the fact that when I completed my final run, out of habit, I simply reduced my speed to 4 MPH, instead of the usual 3 MPH for my cool down - and completed 1.03 miles. I also completed 15:00 running for 1.25 miles. Complete with cool down I completed 31:30 for 2.31 miles.

I also completed 90 reps of the 40 lb. weight - I realize my number of reps have not increase drastically here, but I do also notice that my range of motion and form are improving. I feel I am to the point where I am doing it the right way, and not "short changing" myself in my reps - and thus, I still feel, even though I still say 90 reps, that I am improving in this regard.

I also did 15 squats without any added weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment