Thursday, February 5, 2009

Day 15: Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Well, I had been under the weather for a few days now (pretty much since Sunday) - and I finally felt well enough to give my workout my full attention and dedication - and I was grateful for that.

I began running and felt slightly labored at it, but I feel this was a product of not running since Saturday mixed with a little of my illness. I also had completed 30 push ups and 60 curls prior to getting on the treadmill - which could have contributed to the fatigue as well. Either way, even the labors I felt was not enough to slow me down, and, in fact, I was able to push through it; ignoring it for the most part.

There wasn't any one particular running interval that I felt like I wanted to give up or stop early. Even though, I could feel fatigue, I was running at a good, even pace, while focusing on my breathing, and ignoring the clock. Sure, I did check the clock probably on half of my runs when I still had 30 seconds remaining on the run, but I did not dwell in the time factor, instead, I continued to focus on positive things, and I was able to complete the runs efficiently.

When the time came for the 28:45 mark - signaling time for my last run - I decided to run for at least one extra minute passed my stopping time of 30:00. I was able to succeed in this task with fairly minimal effort - although, by this time, my breathing had come a slight concern since I still was not 100% for the illness.

After completing my last run and cool down, I then did 30 more curls of the 40 lb. weight, 15 more push ups, and 10 squats (non-weight added).

In total, I walked 1.17 miles in 17:30, I ran 1.125 miles in 13:30, and complete with my cool down session, I totaled 32:30 for a total distance of 2.35 miles.

I completed a total of 90 curls at the 40 lb. weight, 45 push ups, and 10 squats.

I was exhausted after working out - and the next morning, I am still feeling it, but I look forward to doing it all again tonight, so that hopefully, I can take off Friday as a scheduled day off - in order to be able to focus on both weekend days.

No comments:

Post a Comment