Monday, May 11, 2009

Day 44: Friday, May 8, 2009

On day 44, I simply had plans to work my muscles and skip the cardio. For the most part, I was able to accomplish that. It had been 2 days since I had lifted weights, so I was anxious to get back in that groove.

I worked out the same as I had on Tuesday, at least when it came to the weights. However, it only took me about 20 minutes to fulfill the rotation, so I decided to use the next 10 minutes to get in some minor cardio activity.

On the treadmill, I ran at 6 MPH for 2:30, but was A) fatigued from the weight lifting, and B) 6 MPH seems to be quite a huge step up over 5.5 MPH. With that said, I slowed my pace to 3.5 MPH to catch my breath before upping my pace again, but this time, to only the 5.5 MPH. I ran another 2:30 at the 5.5 before again slowing down, realizing that I was just too tired for too much cardio after lifting the weights. Oh well, no loss, I got the weight lifting in, and that was my main focus for day 44.

In total, I walked 5 minutes at 3.5 MPH for 0.29 miles, I ran at 6 MPH for 2:30 for 0.25 miles, and I ran at 5.5 MPH for 2:30 for a distance of 0.23 miles. Totalling for the treadmill 10 minutes for 0.77 miles.

With the weights, I will use the same format as before where I just list the activity but do not go into too much detail. The amount of detail that needs to be known is that yes, my muscles were fatigued, but I realized that they were fatigued more so on some weights over others, and for this reason, I realized today, that in the future when considering weights, there are some lifts that I can actually do more weight on - but for now, this list will look quite similar to Tuesday's activity - sans the push ups:

Bicep curls - free weights - 20 lbs. each arm - 45 reps
Tricep curls - machine - 20 lbs. total - 30 reps
Lat pulldown - machine - 70 lbs. total - 30 reps
Deltoid Laterals - machine - 50 lbs. total - 30 reps
Butterfiles - machine - 50 lbs. total - 30 reps

And thus, my Friday workout was complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment