Monday, May 4, 2009

Day 39: Sunday, May 3, 2009

I woke up today knowing I had to get to the gym. It had been a couple of days since I had made it there, so I made it a point to go as soon as I got the chance, which just happened to be after an early morning grocery store run to buy my weeks worth of fruits and vegetables.

I got the gym and I really wasn't feeling it, but I knew I had to do some activity or else risk missing my third day in a row. So I start with the free weights. I do a few sets of curls before realizing, it was time for me to get onto the treadmill.

On the treadmill, I felt like I had lead in my shoes. My running was labored and my breathing was hard. Also, the sun was shining brightly into my eyes - and the windows at the gym do not provide any shades to stop this phenomena. With all that being the case, I was not able to go a full 30 minutes - and definitely didn't complete anything more than that.

In total, I completed 50 curls of a 20 lb. weight per each arm. On the treadmill, I walked at 4 MPH for 8 minutes for a distance of .53 miles, I ran for 3 minutes at 5.5 for a distance of .27 miles, and I ran at 5 MPH for 9 minutes for a distance of .75 miles. Complete with cool down, I completed just 21 minutes for 1.58 miles.

It wasn't a spectacular workout, but it was more activity than I had done previously, but as I mentioned, my legs were drained - walking the previous day around Chicago, and walking to the grocery store that morning had made them rubber - so I am content with the extra 1.58 I added to my day worth of activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment