Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 48: Tuesday, May 12, 2009

After not feeling well while running on Monday, and not feeling particularly well in the morning on Tuesday, I was seriously considering taking the day off, however, knowing I wasn't going to be on the treadmill and was on schedule to do weight lifting, I felt well enough to do that, I even upped my weights on the 3 pieces of equipment I hadn't upped previously. With that said, I'll just list the weights I completed.

Bicep Curls - 25 lbs. each arm - free weights - 30 reps
Tricep Curls - 40 lbs. total - machine - 30 reps
Deltoid Laterals - 50 lbs. total - machine - 30 reps (this is the hardest workout for me)
Lat pull downs - 80 lbs. total - machine - 30 reps
Butterfiles - 80 lbs. total - machine - 30 reps

Looking at the exercises on paper, it doesn't seem like much, but my muscles were sufficiently fatigued after the workout, and I hope it is doing something in building weight and increasing my metabolism. As I said, I increased the weights used on 3 of the 5 workouts - the Bicep Curl, the Lat Pull Down, and the Butterfiles all increased the weight by a net of 10 lbs. It made for a good workout, and I felt good after it.

As I said above, the Deltoid Laterals are the bane of this regime. It seems my arms just can't lift backwards as needed for these reps, however, I plan to work through it, until one day, I'm lifting the 50 lbs. with ease - hopefully that day will come.

Other than that, there isn't much to say, except to report that the workouts were completed (I complete the 30 reps in sets of 10, switching machines between sets). Hopefully, in time, more muscle will be added that can not only help me to look my best, but to boost that metabolism to help get rid of the remaining fat around my midsection. I still feel as if my body is moving in the right direction, and I don't even want to take a day off, if I can help it. Exercise truly is addicting.

1 comment:

  1. who won the biggest loser 2009
    The video from the scene:who won the biggest loser

    ReplyDelete