Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Week One Recap

Well, one week is in the books - I have done 4 workouts in that time - from Monday to Sunday. And each day, I increased my time and mileage, if only briefly. And I feel really good right now. I feel like I am making a difference in my life, and I feel I am not nearly as winded during my workout time.

I also try to incorporate some small lifting or push ups so as not to lose my lean mass, but to lose the fat around my mid-section, instead. I have not changed my diet drastically - only to watch more on what my intake is (after all, caloric intake is like a budget, and if you don't have the budget for that new car, there is no need to buy it - same with food, if your body doesn't have "room" for that new food, just don't eat it). However, by saying my diet has "not changed drastically" is a little uninformative, since I already severely reduced my meat intake - only eating meat very, very rarely (maybe once every couple of months - if that).

I do not have a weight update today, however, since my scale battery has died and I have not had a chance to replace it. For now, we will assume I still weight in at 212.5 lbs., but come next week, I should have a weight update based on the two weeks.

For now, I feel good and I feel like I am really making strides to increase my stamina and strength. And both of those factors will be largely needed if and when I look to complete the 5k ... I am on the move, and it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment