Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Day 35: Monday, April 6, 2009

Another day, and another workout. I have to say, I didn't feel much like going to the gym, but I did. Then I didn't feel like finishing my time on the treadmill, but again I did. So, at least things are going right in that regard. I do know, that once my workout was complete, I felt extremely good, sore, but good.

On day 2 of the new beginning, and day 35 of the year - I began with a set of free weight curls of 20 lbs. per arm. I opened with a set of 15, followed by a set of 10 per arm. I then moved onto the treadmill.

On the treadmill, my eyes started out larger than my stomach - or, at least, my mind started thinking bigger than my legs and heart would allow. I began at 4.5 MPH for my 2 minute warm-up before running my first minute at 6 MPH - as the rain winded down, I decided it was best to go back to my traditional 4 MPH walking speed.

I alternated walking at 4 MPH for 2 minutes for every 1 minute running at 6 MPH. I completed the total of 30 minutes, even though, at the 15 minute mark I seriously wanted to quit - and then again at the 20 minute mark ... but I did not give in to the "easy way out" and kept running even though my legs were BURNING given the previous day's squats.

When I was done with the treadmill, I went back to the free weights and completed another couple sets of curls with the 20 lb. weight per arm. Again, I did a set of 15 and a set of 10 each.

In total, I walked 20 minutes at 4 MPH (the additional .5 MPH on the first two minutes was negligible, and thus, no need to really report on it) for a distance of 1.33 miles, I ran 10 minutes at 6 MPH for a distance of 1.00 miles, and total with cool down, I completed 2.38 miles in 31 total minutes. I also did 50 curls per arm of a 20 lb. weight.

The new beginning is off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment