Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 34: Sunday, April 5, 2009

I debated with myself whether I should use "Day 1" or "Day 34" as my starting point after taking such a lengthy period off, however, I decided, since this is a lifestyle change - that, even with the time off, I have not drastically killed my body - and thus, it is all part of the overall effect I have, and that is why, I decided that day 34 will suffice. I am not starting over from day 1, and thus, I should not reflect that I am starting over.

As I wrote previously on the post New Beginning I now have a gym at my disposal. This means, there will be some things that are inaccurate from what I previously wrote. Most notably will be that on Sunday, I was able to run at 6 MPH, rather than my customary 5 MPH. The speed of the new treadmill in the gym, just seemed a lot slower than the 5 MPH I was used to with my home treadmill. With that said, I don't know which is correct, but if I did run at 6 MPH on Sunday, then I have to believe I was running at a much greater clip with the home treadmill, though, I could be wrong - since the home treadmill was more confining due to lack of space. At any rate, the discrepancies shouldn't raise too much concern going forward, so long as I am keeping my body active.

On Day 34, I completed 30 minutes on the treadmill. Due to my month long inactivity, I decided to "start anew" and begin with my old starting times of 2 minutes walking for every one minute running. With that said, I walked 20 minutes at 4 MPH for a distance of 1.33 miles and ran for 10 minutes at 6 MPH for a distance of 1 mile. With a minute cool down, I totaled 2.37 miles in 31 minutes.

I then lifted weights. I failed to lift weights before and after running, and thus, my arms were too fatigued to lift for too great a time. With that said, I used free weights, with 20 lbs. per arm - and completed 35 reps each. I also completed 15 squats while holding a 25 lb. weight in each hand.

The activity felt good. I can't wait to go back tonight and refocus my efforts of getting into shape and getting healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment