Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Week Five Recap

Well, five weeks are in the books already - can you believe it? I sure know I can't. It seems like just yesterday I began this routine. It really has become a part of my life now too. I feel guilty when I don't work out, and over-eating has ceased to be an issue for me, since my stomach seemingly has shrunk in such a short period.

This week started off poorly. I had every intention of running on Tuesday, only to be slammed at work, and thus stuck at work - until 8:15 PM (getting home at 9 PM); so I tried my hardest to make up for it the remainder of the week. I did not skip any day I intended to work out, which is definitely a big plus. Also, I saw some decent results on the scale (even seeing a "one" in front of my weight for the first time in a long time on Saturday - but that is not the "official" weigh in day - hopefully next week will be different). However, my highest mark this week (on the official Sunday weigh-in) was not has high as my lowest weigh-in mark after week 4 - again, it's all about progress.

I weighed in on Sunday morning at 200.8 lbs - or 200 lbs. and 12 ounces. At the end of the night, I weighed in at 201.8 lbs. - 201 lbs. and 12 ounces - for an average of 201.25 lbs. or , 201 lbs and 4 ounces. So close to breaking the 200 barrier - and as I said above, I hope I can achieve this feat after week 6, but only time will tell.

Considering last week I averaged 205.8 lbs, I can safely say I lost just over 4 lbs. this week - and all it takes is a little lifestyle change - and I am seeing dramatic results (I can feel and see them on myself as well - the results are not all just on the scale).

Since beginning my regime, I have lost 11.25 lbs. in just 5 weeks - it's only just over 2 lbs. per week, and that's fine, because, considering I haven't actually CHANGED my habits, I will take the weight loss as a huge plus. I feel so much better. Now if only the weather would get better, I could spend some time outside walking the trails or the beach - anything to get up, get out, and be active . . . all in due time, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment