Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 6: Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yes, I skipped Tuesday, no I don't feel too thrilled that I did such. The reason for skipping Tuesday was due to a serious time constraint, and along came Wednesday - and more serious time constraints - but I found myself enough time to do a "quick" workout - maximum time, 30 minutes - hence, no lifting or push ups.

Today, as I said, I was under a serious time constraint, but I managed to have a productive workout, just the same. I began in the same fashion (next Monday this will be adjusted to either running longer each stint, or upping my MPH for both the walk and run) with 4 MPH walk for 2 minutes, followed by 1 minute of running at 5 MPH. After the first run, I was still feeling pretty well - then the second was upon me before I realized it, and breezed through that as well. Similar to Monday, the remainder of the workout went quite smoothly. My "middle times" for my runs, even went more smoothly - and I did not find myself struggling to complete my minute time frames - including my breathing, my pulse rate, and my leg strength - I didn't have a single complaint.

Then I learned at about the 23 minute mark that my time constraint was waining, so I decided I better stop at 30:00 even in order to have time to shower - so that meant, I would either have to do my cool down as part of the 30 minutes or I would have to severely limit my cool down - I decided to compromise. At the 26 minute mark - a time where I would typical have a run of 1 minute - I decided to run for at least 2:30 minutes or 3 minutes, so as to get my "run in" and not worry if I was slightly limited on my 4 MPH walking ... I ended up running for 2 minutes and 30 seconds straight through - with only small labors in my breathing; not wanting to push myself, or limit my cool down too drastically, I slowed my pace to 4 MPH for the next minute, then did a cool down session of 45 seconds.

In total, I walked at 4 MPH for 19:15 - for a total distance of 1.28 miles and ran at 5 MPH for 10:30 for a distance of .875 Miles. In total, with my shortened cool down session - I was on the treadmill for 30:15 seconds and completed 2.16 Miles.

As I said before, I did not have a chance to work any of my muscle groupings.

Thursday, I look to perform a full workout regime - even if it is working out "two days in a row" as I vowed, after last Thursday, to not do again - I feel my stamina and strength have increased enough that I will be able to better handle the back to back days.

Stay tuned - come Monday, there will be a small adjustment to times and/or speeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment