Monday, February 23, 2009

Day 27: Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day 27 had much the same feel as day 26 - in that I really didn't feel like getting off the couch, but knowing I have a schedule to adhere to, I had no choice but to get up and get moving. My body, seemingly worked against me today, in that I had some additional aches and pains, but I pushed through those, and completed slightly more than the self-prescribed minimum.

I began the same as I have all week - beginning to walk at 4 MPH for 1:30 for every 1:30 running at 5 MPH - and almost instantly, I felt a twinge in my left knee and thigh. It wasn't like anything was damaged, or that I was actually hurt, it just hurt for the moment. The longer I ran, however, the intensity of the "injury" did not increase - and so I persevered through the pain.

Despite feeling "hurt," I was able to actually slightly g0 over my time on my final run - by completing a full 2 minutes over the 30 minute mark - or, in other words, I ran for a full 3:30 on my final run before slowing for my cool down.

Today was much easier than earlier in the week - where I was having slight trouble with the new regime (thinking 1:30 while running never felt so long, and 1:30 walking never felt so fast). I was able to keep my form and even sing along with some of my music (while not gasping for air). I again (or still?) feel like I'm truly moving in the right direction - soon, perhaps, my body will look as I wish it too.

Today I completed 15:00 walking at 4 MPH for 1.00 miles, 17:00 running at 5 MPH for 1.42 miles, and totaling (with cool down) 33:30 for 2.47 miles.

I completed 90 curl reps of the 40 lb. weight.

Week 6 is in the books - onto week 7 beginning Monday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment