Monday, February 23, 2009

Day 26: Saturday, February 21, 2009

Well, I didn't much feel like working out on this day, and I think it showed since I failed to really push myself at all, but I will give myself a reprieve since I did actually do some activity, and we all know some is always better than none at all.

On Thursday's workout, I started running more "proper" and it showed in I was having a hard time keeping my form while maintaining my breathing - oh sure, I did, but it took effort. On Saturday, however, I was more relaxed in the new form.

I began on Saturday in the same fashion as the past week - 1:30 walking at 4 MPH for every 1:30 running at 5 MPH. Half and half. Just like every time I have changed my running dynamics, at the beginning it was hard - to the point where I scarcely thought I could finish my workout - to increasingly easier; I think this has gotten into the "easier" category now.

I didn't really breath heavy at all completing my intervals today. I was pretty even in my steps, and was able to maintain my form - i.e. standing up straight, soft steps, breathing deeply, with arms symmetrical and loose. Despite not completing a long workout (I did hit the minimum I have set up), I felt like I had made big strides to where I am hoping to be - which, for starters is running for 30 minutes straight, in order to be in shape to complete the 5k.

In all - I walked for 15 minutes for 1.00 miles, ran for 15 minutes for 1.25 miles, and in total, completed 31 minutes for 2.28 miles.

I also completed 45 curl reps of the 40 lb. weight.

Like I said, it wasn't much, but it much, much more activity than I had grown accustom to just 6 short weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment