Monday, May 18, 2009

Week Eighteen Recap

Eighteen weeks in the books, at least, I think eighteen weeks - it's hard to say with certainty since I had taken so many weeks off in the middle of this entire regime. Either way, we'll call it eighteen weeks.

This week, however, I did not feel was a productive one. Sure, I completed some form of activity every day except Wednesday. And sure, I even completed almost a complete 5k without ceasing my running on Saturday, but something just told me, that the scale was not going to be too gracious to me. I think maybe, it was because I didn't count my calories for the week, thinking "I know what I'm doing" even though, I could have just as easily eaten too little calories as too many. I think, going forward, I need to be more conscious of everything I eat and when and why, so that I don't feel like I didn't do everything I could. And perhaps too, the scale would respond negatively to me, due to my negative thinking. All in all, I just didn't foresee anything good for my results this week.

In the morning I got on the scale, and to my dismay I saw a pound and a half increase in my weight since last week at the same time. However, I knew I had half expected this, and so I did not get down on myself. Instead, I just went about my day as usual, and even going to the gym and only completing "what I could" so as not to push myself too hard and injure myself. So in the evening, after not changing a single thing I would normally do on a Sunday, I weighed myself, 196.5 lbs., or a full 1.5 lbs. LESS than I weighed at the same time last week. Meaning, the average for the day was 195 lbs. or, the exact same weight as I averaged last week, where I weighed less in the morning and more in the evening than this week.

So it wasn't all a loss, I suppose. I didn't lose weight, but I didn't technically gain any either. Going forward for week 19, I plan to again track my caloric intake and do my best to get the scale moving downward again. Sometimes, the lack of positive thoughts, I know, can have adverse effects, and I feel I may have fallen victim to such effects this week. Going forward, I know I need to keep a sunny outlook, and things will happen as they should. Besides, the entire week wasn't a loss, I almost ran the full time it would have taken to complete the entire 5k (had the treadmill not stopped abruptly on me, I would have done it too). Another week down, and a lifetime still to be gained.

No comments:

Post a Comment