Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Day 53: Monday, June 1, 2009

Today was the day to really get back on the horse since my vacation. Today was kind of a mish mash. I did a bit of everything but I will do my best to report what I did as specifically as possible, but no guarantees.

I started out, lowering the weight I was lifting. I did this for two reasons, really - 1) to ensure my form is accurate and 2) because I have a sneaking suspicion that the form I have been using is actually being counterproductive, at least for my left arm. With that said, I began with, what is considered lower, but about where I was before I upped the weights the last time.

I completed bicep curls at 25 lbs. for each arm for 30 reps. I completed 5 reps each at 30 lbs. and then another 10 reps with the 20 lbs. weight. All this, in efforts to improve my left arms balance to the results I feel I'm getting from my right arm.

I also completed the lat pulldown of somewhere between 30 and 40 reps at the 80 lbs. And completed 30 reps of the butterflies, also at 80 lbs. (in the week I did not report each workout, I had upped these weights to 90 lbs., but again, I want to ensure proper form, thus lowered the weights down again).

I also did some stretching and some pushups in between sets. When I was about half way through my workout, I got on the treadmill for 5 minutes and ran at 5.5 MPH for a half of a mile before resuming the weight lifting - I did this to give my muscles a break from the fatigue, so as not to, again, hamper my form due to that fatigue.

I then finished by walking on the treadmill for 3 minutes to cool down.

All in all, it felt like a good workout, and it feels good being back in the groove. Vacations are nice, but having a healthy looking and feeling body is much, much nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment