Monday, January 26, 2009

Day 8: Saturday, January 24, 2009

Well, I had taken Friday off, and with good reason - mainly because going two days in a row was quiet a push for me from Wednesday and Thursday, that having Friday off just seemed like the logical thing to do. But as Saturday came around, I was ready and willing to go without showing myself any mercy.

I opened my workout up with 3 sets of 15 curls at 40 lbs. This was, I figured, I would shock my muscles, and possibly increase my metabolism for the duration of my walk/run on the treadmill.

I began my treadmill activity in the same fashion as before - walk 2 minutes at 4 MPH, run 1 minute at 5 MPH, and then repeat until 30 minutes is reached. I began feeling very confident and very well rested. The workout, actually went over without any hitches. As I inched closer to the 29:00 mark (the signal that I am on my "last run" for my time) I wanted to push my limits, and I decided to again attempted to "run until I can't run anymore" ... and I went for 3 total minutes at 5 MPH - or in other words, an increase by leaps and bounds from when I began only 2 weeks ago - where I believed running for just one minute that my heart would burst.

In total, I walked at 4 MPH for 20:00 minutes and totaled 1.32 miles. I also ran for a total of 12 minutes, for a distance of 1 mile. Including my cool down session, I completed 34:00 minutes for a total distance of 2.42 miles.

Then, what I did when I was done on the treadmill was something I had yet to do - first, I did two more sets of 15 curls each at 40 lbs. But then, I decided it was time to work some squats into my workout - so I did a set of 10 while holding the 40 lb. weight and a set of 10 without any weight.

And thus, I concluded day 8 of my workout regime. So far, so good - I am having more stamina in my workouts and starting to feel results. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment