Monday, May 4, 2009

Week 16 Recap

Well, this has been my first fully reported on week in quite some time. This is the week where I also started eating differently. The difference in my eating habits is in that I realized I have to eat more, in order to lose the weight, but in eating more, I needed to eat healthier options. I had been eating a lot of processed foods, and that is never a good thing. With that said, it is time to see how the new eating habits and workout regime have benefited me, if at all.

The workouts went fairly smoothly this week. I really pushed myself when on the treadmill to run for as long as I possibly could. I increased my running times for 3 of the 4 days (on the 4th day, I was extremely drained). I had a total distance of 2.53 miles on Monday, 2.47 miles on Wednesday - of which I ran longer than Monday, but at a slower rate, and 3.30 miles on Thursday - when I completed 40 minutes of activity. Sunday, I only completed 20 minutes for 1.58 miles total.

On to my weigh-ins. I was extremely surprised to see a 196 on the scale on Sunday morning, but then I was equally disappointed to see a 200 at the end of the day on the scale. All in all, with the average, my current weight is 198 pounds, which is the least I have weighed in since starting this program, and definitely the lowest I've been in a really, really long time - probably 10 years or more.

Last week I had weighed in at 200.8 pounds, so a one week weight loss average of 2.8 pounds, I will take for this one week. It feels good, even though, I dreaded the gym on Sunday, and right now, on Monday morning, I can't say I'm really looking forward to the gym tonight - hopefully that changes, and I keep pushing towards my weight-loss goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment