Monday, March 2, 2009

Week Seven Recap

Seven weeks. I've worked out for seven weeks in a row! It's a great accomplishment, and I hope to continue to build on this!

Week seven was not necessarily a productive or active week for me. This wasn't all by choice, but sometimes, some things are just out of our hands. I did, however, find time and energy and effort to work out 4 times. Which is 4 times more than I would have worked out on typical weeks before beginning my regime.

I also ate a lot more than I believe I should, and I know this will be reflective on the scale, but just how much, however, I could not say leading up to my weigh in. What I did do, was eat out, and eat junk far too often over the course of the week. Which is good and bad.

First, how can this possibly be considered a good thing? Well, it makes me aware of just how much is "too much" and it also gives me new resolve. All the cravings I had felt, leading up to my binge, have been quashed. Meaning, I can now move forward over the coming weeks with a new found energy and spirit - not wanting to slide too far for too long.

Yes, it is bad. Yes, I gained weight, and yes, that is a set back. However, I really, really feel more motivated now, knowing my binge did not wreck everything I had done previously - after all, in the previous 6 weeks, I had lost 13 pounds, and since the time I "maxed out" I have lost over 30 - it would be very hard to put all that weight back on in just one short week. So I have found new resolve to start week eight with a bang.

But for week seven, I weighed in. Even though I did dread it, it was Sunday, and thus, by design, I was forced to endure the unforgiving scale. Last week, I was under 200 pounds for the first time in a long time, weighing in at 199.75 for the average - this week, however, that was not to be.

In the morning, I weighed in at 200.8 lbs. and in the evening, I weighted in at exactly 203 pounds - for an average net weight for the day of 201.9 lbs, or 201 pounds and 14 ounces. For a weekly weight GAIN (the first time I can say this, but it is inevitable, given my week and given that you can't ALWAYS lose) of 2 pounds and 2 ounces.

Yes, it was a weight gain, but no, it is not the end of the world. As I fully admit, I did binge (though, I ate far less per meal than I would have 3 months ago), but in that binge, I got my cravings out of the way so that I can begin to re-focus on my workouts and my weight loss. A small speed bump, nothing more. I look to be back under 200 pounds at next weeks weigh-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment