Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 7: Thursday, January 22, 2009

Well, here I am at it again - doing back to back days. I was hoping it would be easier than it was last week to do such, but unfortunately, I cannot say with certainty if it was or not.

I did begin in the same fashion - 2 minutes at 4 MPH followed by 1 minute at 5 MPH and repeating this trend for 30 minutes.

Through the first 3 sets - I was dying. I thought "oh, I made a mistake trying to do this two nights in a row again" ... but then, after that, the 4th run was actually easier - and so was the 5th ... it didn't necessarily get "easy" but was easier than when I started. Hard to explain, but somehow, my legs responded after initially protesting, but no matter what, I made it through another full workout.

I ultimately completed my 20 minutes at 4 MPH for a total distance of 1.32 miles. I also completed 11 minutes (running from 29:00 to 31:00 at the end - a full two minutes) for a distance of 0.917 Miles.

Complete with my cool down, I totaled 2.32 miles (I walked faster during my cool down to get the increase of .01 Miles) in 32:00 minutes.

Also, before working out, I completed 45 pushups and 30 curls - I finished my work out with a set of 15 curls - for a total workout consisting of 45 curls and 45 pushups.

All in all, a good workout, but I think Friday night will either be a day off, or a serious pull back on effort exerted - my legs are still protesting the next morning from my run. Perhaps I will walk Friday night, and do some small lifting exercises. We shall see how I feel this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment