Thursday, February 19, 2009

Day 24: Wednesday, February 18, 2009

After my typical day off on Tuesday, I was kind of itching to get back on the treadmill on Wednesday - not totally looking forward to it, but I knew I had to do it.

I began with the only weight lifting I would do - by completing 60 reps of the 40 lb. weight in curls.

I than began in with my regime I started on Monday - 1:30 walking at 4 MPH for every 1:30 for running at 5 MPH.

This time I found it easier. I was able to run, and not really labor in my breathing. Sure, there were times where I was hopefully my time running would come to an end, but instantly, my breathing returned to normal. I think this is the greatest testament that the added activity is benefitting my body - I have a greater lung capacity.

I ended up running passed the 30:00 mark tonight because, well, my music play list was off. I thought I knew the lyric where I would need to cease running, only to find that the lyric in question would have ended me at 30:15 - so once I realized I had already, inadvertently, bypassed 30 minutes, I decided to run to the next whole minute.

In total, I walked 4 MPH for 15 minutes with a distance of 1.00 miles; I ran at 5 MPH for 16 minutes for a distance of 1.33 miles; in total, I completed 32 minutes for a total distance of 1.35 miles.

And as stated above, I completed only 60 reps worth of curls at 40 lbs.

I am feeling healthier, I am having increased stamina, I am sleeping better, and I am not tired throughout the day (another attribute to the increased stamina). All things considered, I feel so much better, even if I drag myself onto the treadmill once or twice per week when I don't "feel like it" - I'd much rather force myself to exercise than go back to my lethargic ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment