Monday, February 9, 2009

Week Four Recap

Well, week four was not an active one. Much like week three, also was not, but week four was due to, for the most part, a different set of circumstances than week three had been.

I began week four feeling extremely under the weather - having walked the previous Sunday (February 1st) and the Monday which began week 4 (February 2nd). On the Monday, I was only able to complete 15 minutes for a total distance of 1 mile. I then took Tuesday off (as my "natural day off") worked out for a normal workout on Wednesday, then promptly took Thursday and Friday off, as my wife and I ate too heavily on Thursday, and then went out on Friday night.

Despite the lack of work throughout the week, when I did find myself on the treadmill on Saturday and Sunday, I found my stamina and strength greatly increased, which, as I said in my Day 17 posting, I will take as a victory.

I weighed myself, as I had in previous weeks - in the morning and at night on Sunday. This way, I would provide an average of my daily weight - which I feel is a more accurate portrayal of that weight.

In the morning, I weighed in at 204.8 lbs. which is slightly larger than I weighted in at in the morning of week three's weigh in. In the evening, I weighed in at 206.8 lbs. which was about a pound lighter than the evening weigh in in week three's recap. My average for the week is thus 205.8 lbs. (or 205 lbs. and 12 ounces). Overall, that makes my weight loss 4 ounces for the week.

Of course, on paper this lack of weight loss may look bad, but I know I did some things that negatively impacted this weigh in. For starters, I had meat on Saturday night - and I feel that meat lingered within my body, and until I can purge myself of that, the weight is artificially inflated. I did do a "mid-week weigh in" despite my better judgement on Saturday morning, and found myself weighing in at 201.8 lbs. - meaning, that the meat from Saturday night added 3 lbs. of unwanted/unneeded weight - once again, reminding me of the dangers of eating animal fat and flesh.

Thanks to that mid-week weigh in, I do not feel like I am at a plateau, in fact, I instead know I can lose that weight and that 201 and below is not unattainable. Soon enough, I will be under 200, and I honestly cannot remember the last time I can say that. It will be a good feeling, and I am determined to hit it - if not next week, then the next, or the next, or whenever, but eventually, I will be part of the single-hundred club!

No comments:

Post a Comment