Monday, January 26, 2009

Week Two Recap

Well, two weeks are officially in the books, so it's time for me to assess where I am, and if I am on track to where I want to be headed.

During week two, I managed to not only up my intensity, but to accomplish more days of activity. I worked out 5 days - only taking Tuesday and Friday off - and even, on Saturday of week 2, threw in some squats (that I am still feeling on Monday morning). I also started lifting (curls) for longer durations. And lastly, my stamina and strength when running has seemed to increased yet again - I scarcely find myself breathing heavy except for my "finishing runs" where I push myself to run beyond one minute at a time.

Going forward, however, I realize I do need to watch more of what I partake in, otherwise, all the work is only going right out the window based on what I eat and/or drink. But as I said when I began this endeavor, this is a process, and not something I expect to change overnight. With that said, I do have a weight loss to report this week (my scale battery has been remedied).

As I may have mentioned previously - I take an average of my weight - one reading taken in the morning, and the other at night before bed - I feel this will give an accurate portrayal of my weight throughout the day (since we all know weight fluctuates anyway) and I don't sell myself short by only weighing myself when I wake with empty bowels - I feel this does a disservice to me and my true progress.

With that said, I weighed in on Sunday, January 25th in the morning at 208.5 lbs., and at night, just before bed at 211.0 lbs. - for a net average of 209 lbs and 12 ounces.
Given that I started two weeks ago - at 212 lbs and 8 ounces (212.5 lbs) - and so I have lost 3 lbs. in two weeks time - given that I did not report my weight loss last week - I am averaging a weight loss of 1 pound and 8 ounces (or one and a half pounds, if you prefer) each week.

Considering that 2 lbs. per week is considered healthy, I think I am currently taking a good, healthy approach. I look to shake things up slightly next week (week 3) and I hope to possibly report better results by eating and drinking more healthy alternatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment