Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 28: Monday, February 23, 2009

Wow, I did not feel like doing anything today. Well, let me take that back - I did, initially, but that quickly changed.

I did my lifting first - only 60 reps of curls before getting on the treadmill. I began with similar intervals to last week 1:30 at 4 MPH followed by 1:30 at 5 MPH. Immediately, I was hot. I was sweating more than usual, and was just plain feeling warm. I didn't know if I was sick or not, or if something was wrong, but I continued. I got to the 6 minute mark and wondered if I should stop. Then the 9 minute mark, same conclusion - should I just stop? I decided I would stop after 15 minutes - where I would slow to walk 5 more minute to complete a full range of 20 minutes.

I did not stop, however. I couldn't allow myself. So I was hot, so what? I was running and working out, isn't sweat expected? Sure, I felt worn down, beat down, but I had a mission to adhere to - I had 30 minutes to complete, the least I could do was complete my minimum time.

So I pushed. Running was easier than it had been since starting the new intervals - the breathing was normal, the strides were steady, but I was just overwhelmingly hot, and I couldn't explain it. But I continued to push - what gain would there be if I wasn't willing to be uncomfortable from time to time? 30 minutes wasn't so bad.

I counted down - 3 runs left, 2 runs left, and finally, the last run. And I completed my "minimum" regime.

I walked at 4 MPH for 15 minutes for 1.00 miles, ran at 5 MPH for 15 minutes for 1.25 miles, and completed with my cool down - 31 minutes for a distance of 2.29 miles.

It was a rough workout, but I'm happy I was able to endure it. I would have felt as if I short changed myself had I not. Tuesday night had been (thus far) a weekly night off, and at this point, I'm thinking it will continue in this trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment